Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I thought PTA Moms were on top of their Game!


LAST YEAR:

Riiiiiiing!  "Hi, Cake Decorator Mama!  This is Super PTA Mama.  We just LOVED the cake you donated to the teacher appreciation luncheon at school.  We were wondering if you could donate a really cool cake for our Father-Daughter Dance?"

Cake Mama: "Oh, thanks.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I'd love to help the PTA if I can.  When is the dance?  I don't have any daughters, so I wasn't paying attention."

Super PTA Mama: "Next Friday." (It's Thursday now, so she means it's in 8 days.)

Cake Mama: "Oh, well. . . um, I'm already nearly entirely booked for that date.  I might could squeeze in some simple cupcakes."

Super PTA Mama: "Oh that would be ok, I suppose. . . I mean, If we can't get a cake."

Cake Mama: "OK, well, how many do you think you'll need?"

Super PTA Mama: "600"

Cake Mama: "600?  You are asking me to donate 600 cupcakes?"

Super PTA Mama: "If you could."

Cake Mama: "I can't.  I just can't.  I could maybe do you a bunch of mini cupcakes.  How about 6 batches?  That's 36 dozen.  That's, let's see, 432 mini cupcakes.  I can do each batch in a different flavor.  Would that work?"

Super PTA Mama: "Well. . . ok, I guess."

Cake Mama: "I mean, you'll need other desserts, but it's a start."

Super PTA Mama: "Alright."

Cake Mama: "Well, next year, contact me about 2-3 months beforehand and I'll see what I can do. I book-up fast, so you'll want to get on the calendar early."


THIS YEAR:

Riiiiiiing!  "Hi, Cake Decorator Mama!  This is Super PTA Mama.  We just LOVED the mini cupcakes you donated last year.  We were wondering if you could donate a really cool cake for our Father-Daughter Dance this year?"

Cake Mama: "When is the dance?  I don't have any daughters."

Super PTA Mama: "It's in 3 weeks.  It's a 50's theme, a sock hop. We need 600 servings."

Cake Mama: "Three weeks?  Um. . . OK, let me see what I can do.  I'll cut you a deal and comp some things.  I'll itemize it, write it up, and email it to you." (I did - A three tier custom cake and 10 supplemental sheet cakes)

CRICKETS, CRICKETS, CRICKETS

Riiiiiiing!  "Hi, Cake Decorator Mama!  We just CAN'T spend $850 on CAKE."

Cake Mama: "You know what.  I think you should call Costco. . . . "

_________________________________

When Cake Mama sent me this email, I had to bend over and pick my eyeballs off the floor! 600 servings!!!! I'm almost speechless... except for a big ole "DUCK YOU! PTA Mama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment