Tuesday, February 26, 2013

This Isn't the 1920's

My heart hurts for her...


Yesterday afternoon I get a call from a lady she tells me they are throwing a huge party for her grandsons 1st birthday.  She will need 12 separate cakes for the event and they will all be 3-D cakes.  And she needs them for March the 9th.  Ok, first off today is Feb. 25th so you are not even giving me 2 weeks notice and of course I don’t have any other cakes booked for that week…. NOT! Anyway, I am thinking in my head if I get my daughters to come help we can pull this off and it will be some good money.  So I tell her to send me pictures of the cakes she has in mind and details of how many people she needs to serve and I would work up a quote.  So she then tells me that servings are not a factor she just wants it for the WOW factor and the main cake needs to be the largest the other cakes can be small just make them as large as you have to, to get them done. So, I get the pictures. The main cake is a 3 tiered circus themed cake with the bottom tier being a bag of spilt popcorn, the middle being 3 rolls of tickets off set, and finally the top being a circus tent.  The rest of the cakes, well lets just say were all 3-D sculpted cakes. There was a bobble head cake, a clown sitting up, a teddy bear sitting up holding a sign that said G Ma’s snuggle bear (how sweet huh!)  Let’s see then we have a sports themed one with a basketball, football and a baseball on the top.  A 3D # 1 standing up, a box of animal cookies with very ornate animals coming out of the box,  A very ornate crown with a fur looking trim around it.  A Jordan shoe and shoe box, some baby blocks with the baby’s name spelled out which is 9 letters by the way, so that is 9 separate blocks. When I see these first off I am thinking this is going to be some good money then I am thinking really! She wants all these cakes and she gives me a week as this week is booked with cakes and I can’t work on anything this week. Then, I realize this is not 12 cakes so I ask her and then I find out that she counted the 3 tier as 3 separate cakes… LOL  So last night  it took me over an hour to download and decipher all her notes as to all the changes on each cake because of course none of them are grand enough for what she wants… This morning, first thing, I start getting phone calls and text messages asking me if I received the pictures because she did not get a total yet.  I told her no, I was working on it and I had to go to the hardware store to price a few things for the support structures.  She tells me she wants to get a check out to me today for the deposit and I told her I would get back to her ASAP with a detailed quote.  She sends me yet another text and tells me to make sure and add a delivery charge.  I ask where it is going to be delivered she tells me and that’s an added 50.00 for the delivery.  Then, I get a message back from her that says... I don’t want to spend over $135.00

I really wanted to respond back to her… B**ch you owe me that much for the time I spent looking at your damn pictures and answering your damn text messages.  Now I should have asked up front what her budget was but in my defense someone who wants 10 very detailed and 3D cakes should just know she is going to spend more that 135 freaking dollars!!!!!!!!!!!! Average that out DUMB ASS that’s 13.50 a cake….  I hate people that waste my damn time!


Kranky as HELL Cake Lady

___________________________________________________

BB's Final Thoughts:

Awe Hell! This has to be the most ridiculous story I have heard so far! $13.50 per cake! First off, what kind of deposit did she have in mind for $135 order, $11.50? Plus, was that $135 including the delivery fee? If so, then she was expecting to pay $8.50 for each cake. I honestly am speechless at this point! Except for a duck you and head on back to the 1920's and buy your cakes for a quarter because obviously you are not living in the world today!


No comments:

Post a Comment