Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dislike?!

This is from a fellow Bitchy Baker who unfortunately had stay professional throughout this infuriating conversation over email. I can't even wait until the final thought portion of this post to express my feelings on this one...

Client: Do you have a payment plan for your cakes?!
(BB: So, based on your punctuation, this is a rhetorical question?!)

Fellow BB: 
Hello, 
At the time of order, 50% of your total cost needs to be paid.  The other 50% is due when you pick it up.  You can make payments however you want after the deposit is paid, as long as the balance is paid in full when you pick it up. For example, if your total is $300, you must pay $150 to order it.  The remaining $150 can be paid in increments whenever you want, as long as it's paid in full when you pick it up.

Client: How much do baby shower cakes run?! 
(Again, a rhetorical question?! Seriously! How much do baby shower cakes run! Well, lets see... duck you! Really?! <--- Proper usage by the way.

Fellow BB: It depends on your design.
(I like your tone here, I can totally feel it hehe)

Client: Can you help me figure out something different and unique.. I dislike being like other people.. 
(BB: Oh you dislike being like other people... Now you are being proper?! <-- BOOM! Oh and by the way, let her take the time to hold your hand through this process because she has nothing else to do AND who is to say that you are actually going to really even order from her, but by all means... we dislike to disappoint.

Fellow BB: You will need to call the shop to schedule an appointment for a design consultation.  When you come, you need to have an idea of what you're looking for.  You can bring photos or other visual aids.  Make sure you have a budget set and all the info we'll need to know to create the cake.

Client: Ok how soon do I need to do this?! My baby shower won't be until September but I know for a fact that I want you to do my cake.
(Ohhhhhhh dear! I guess I will have to hold off on that answer until you actually decide to ask me the official question.)

BB's Final Thoughts:

Nothing but pure dislike for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment