Thursday, February 7, 2013

No Monopoly Money Accepted



This Baker emailed me this story telling me that this conversation started Wednesday and has now dragged into today. She usually requires at least a week's notice, but was trying to help this client out...

---------

After discussing his order, I gave him the total of the cake.  His deposit came to $104.33.  His credit card only approved $78, so I tell him...

Me:  Your card only accepted a partial amount.  Will you be using another card for the rest.

Him:  Let me call the bank.  I'm not sure why that is.  I'll check with them because they "do be puttin' limits on me."

Me:  **SIGH** (Don't MOST credit cards come with limits?!)

He calls back and says "I can't pull any more money off the card.  I'm going to call my friend to see if she can come in and put the deposit down for me."

Me:  Make sure you call me back TODAY.  After today, I can't help you.

--

SO, here we go this morning...He calls back trying to order the cake.  Once again, I said I would help him...

Him:  I have my friend who's going to use her card

Me:  Well is she on the line?

Him:  No, I have to call her and I'll call you back

*Slams the phone down*  Why not have her on the line already?  Is it me or is that how things should be handled?!

They now call back.  I run her card and it's declined.  She proceeds to go on about how her cards are never declined and I need to run it again.  Second time, it declines.  So they hang up.  Needless to say, I won't be helping them if they find a card that works.  SMH!
_____________________________________

BB's Final thoughts:

Money, that's what we cake bakers need in order to make your cake! It's crazy I know! I mean gosh why can't we still trade chickens and goats for our services. It's not like we have real jobs, we just sit around and play with flour and sugar and wait until our phone rings 2 days before your party as you express how important it is to have a cake at the event... yet you decided to wait until the last second to order our masterpieces. That's a big ole Duck You!

No comments:

Post a Comment