Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm Getting Married One Day...

DEAR BITCHY BAKER . . .

Bride on the phone:

"Hi. I'm getting married in 2014. I don't have an exact date yet, but I'm thinking September or October (2 of the busiest months of the year for me). I want to get this ball rolling so that when I'm ready to order my cake, I've tried enough samples to know who I want to do it. Also, how much does a 3 tier cake cost?"

Me:
"Since it is only January 2013, I think you might be a bit premature in coming in for your Consultation. First, it's important to know the date and venue because I'm not able to reserve your wedding cake without a date. Also, it's a little early to design your cake since you haven't made any signficant plans for the wedding yet.

Bride:
Oh, that's okay because I'm not ready to pick you yet. I just want to try all your flavors and get a price because I'm on a strict budget. And, I'd like to bring all my bridesmaides to get their opinions too.

Me:
I'd love to do your wedding cake. I would suggest that once you are further along in the planning process that you give me a call. Happy Wedding Planning and I look forward to hearing from you in the future!


What I'd like to say:

Listen honey, I realize that it is your PRIVILEGE to run all over town and "taste" cake at all the bakeries so that in the end you can chose the poor soul that has the cheapest price because YOU ARE on a strict budget. However, I'm on a strict budget also in running my business and I don't provide "tasting parties" for you and your 5 bridesmaides to enjoy for free so that perhaps when you are ready you WON'T give me the privilege of making your cheap cake because I'm too expensive. Furthermore, I've found that brides who come in excess of a year and a half before their wedding somehow don't end up getting married, well at least to that person on that date.


BAKERY TALES

___________________________

BB's Final Thoughts,

In yo face!! Well said, and a big ole AMEN!! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment