Thursday, April 25, 2013

That The Best You Can Do?

Well, wedding season is upon us so my posts have been less frequent, my apologies. BUT, that doesn't mean the idiocy has stopped or the bitchyness has been cured!!

I received a call from a woman asking me to make a simple bridal shower cake for the middle of the week with only 6 days notice. Because it was a slow week, I reluctantly agreed with the words simple, easy cake giving me a little ease. I wait patiently for the email of the oh so simple cake and then when my phone chirped... Oh yes, I usually consider a 4 tier draped wedding cake with piping, pearls and sashes a ducking breeze! What the hell!

Ok... So I write back with... "uh that's a 4 tier wedding cake serving about 130 people and about $800. How many do you need to serve?"

"About 100."

-Seriously y'all, I was like what kind of "Bridal Shower" is this?!

So after more back and forth I still agree to the cake but in a 3 tier version. So I tell her the new price.

Well, then her mom calls me and says..."I heard you're doing a cake for us. I also heard the price and was wondering if you could do better than that?"

______________________________

Do I really need to continue this portion of my blogging or do y'all know me enough by now.... Mother ducker!! Are you kidding me! I'm sorry, could you do better than only 6 days notice!!

You know what, I'll let ya'll be creative on this one, what would y'all say if this happened to you?

1 comment:

  1. My sailor mouth would quickly fly before I had a chance to think my thoughts through! lol!

    ReplyDelete